One of my personal style icons — as well as probably every 16-35 year old woman in America — Lauren Conrad, has it totally figured out. In a true rags to riches story (lol just kidding), Lauren overcame the drama of Laguna Beach and unfortunate eyebrows, ending up on top of the world.
Miss Conrad has two clothing lines, Paper Crown and LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s, a handful of bestsellers (who woulda thought), an amazing style/beauty/everything site, and countless other things that make us all feel like slackers. Her newest project, The Little Market, works with artisan groups in developing countries around the world, allowing them to showcase their skills to a broader audience. LC, what don’t you do?
Aside from all of Conrad’s accomplishments, she has one of the most amazing senses of style I’ve ever seen. Her iconic wardrobe effortlessly combines classic, girlie, and seriously chic — no matter what, she always looks polished and trendy without even trying. Bow down.
Although I’ve always been a Team Kristin gal myself (say how you feel, man!), Lauren will always out-dress Cavallari/everyone on the planet. LC makes use of simple, timeless pieces but then throws in a fearlessly trendy piece that sends fashionistas into a frenzy. Want to nail down Conrad’s famous fashion sense? This is a difficult feat, seeing as she’s always on the cutting edge, but I’m here to help. Check out what I came up with below.
All these pieces can be mixed & matched, but I will list them as outfits for the sake of simplicity:
- Sequin top + pleated skirt: similar to Conrad’s outfit above (far right), this is one of her trendier looks. A stylish geometric print top and a flowy feminine skirt paired with classic nude pumps? Yes, yes, and yes.
- Grey tee + black blazer + dark skinnies: this is a token LC outfit; classic, polished perfection. Pair with either nude pumps or black loafers, gold jewelry, Conrad’s go-to black mani & signature oversized sunnies, and you’re ready to take on the world.
- Floral dress + quilted bag: similar to another look above (middle), this is what Lauren wears when she wants to look stunningly adorable and flawlessly feminine. Her bag is obvi Chanel, but I found a cheaper alternative. Wear with nude pumps & a gold nameplate necklace and you’ve instantly transformed into the
girlmodel next door.
- Chiffon blouse + black skinnies: similar to the far left outfit above, this is another timeless, chic look. Accessorize with pumps or loafers, quilted bag, oversized glasses, and red nails (Conrad’s other sig mani). Don’t forget your topknot!
- Accessories: black lacquer, oversized sunnies, nameplate necklace, shoulder bag, black loafers, nude pumps, red lacquer.
Which look is your favorite?
(image source: pinterest, outfitidentifier.com)