Target is one of my absolute favorite places to find chic & trendy pieces without breaking the bank. The superstore does a great job of keeping up with the latest fads so that fashionistas like ourselves can test out new trends without experiencing buyer’s remorse when it goes out of style six months later (lookin’ at you, fedoras).
On my Target runs, I usually come across just a handful of adorable items, but my last trip was different. It was the classic case of “stopping by” Target to “pick up a few things,” but instead, I found myself SURROUNDED by the cutest clothes tar-jay has ever had. I know, bold statement — but it’s true. I decided that Target’s current collection seriously deserved a blog post, so I’ve put together a list of the best clothing & accessories in the store right now. Warning: do not keep reading if you don’t want to spend half your paycheck. Enter a Target store at your own risk — you’ve been warned.
- Crop top & skirt – I desperately need this combo. The whole crop + high waisted trend has been huge for a while now. I love the look of a matching top and bottom — it’s like wearing a dress with a cutout around the littlest part of your body.
- Cutout romper – Speaking of cutouts, this romper is another must-have. As if rompers and cutouts aren’t trendy enough, the pattern combines floral with geometric print — need I say more?
- Sleeveless dress – The print is perfect for spring, and the black lines are ridiculously flattering. Gimme.
- Overall shorts – Overalls are having a major moment right now. These guys are going to be your go-to spring/summer piece — and at $15, why not try out the trend? Learn how here.
- Neon one-piece – If you want to channel Kelly Kapowski this summer (and who doesn’t?!), this is the swimsuit for you. I’ve been searching for a cute one-piece, so when I found this I knew it was time to check off a big bee.
- Peplum top – Peplum is always a good idea. I think this top would be a great transition piece from work to happy hour.
- Lace shorts – Not necessarily to be paired with the peplum top above, these shorts are a lovely knockoff of several other (more expensive) brands.
- French terry dress – This super-soft dress could be worn on errands, to a lunch date, or as a pool coverup. It’s like buying three different dresses in one — right?
- Zip front dress – This little number looks straight off the runway, except you’re paying $30, not $300.
- Leopard sandals – These will go with everything. If you’re on the hunt for a staple sandal, you’ve found them.
- iPhone case – Target is on point with their phone cases right now. They currently have cases designed by Nicole Miller (like the gorgeous one above), Trina Turk, Mara Mi, and Orla Kiely.
- Chain-link watch – I’ve featured this watch numerous times before, and for good reason. This trendy timepiece is a fantastic knockoff of everyone’s favorite watch guy — for only $25.
- Strappy wedges – I was in dire need of some new wedges (#whitegirlproblems), so I threw these in my cart without hesitation. They’re surprisingly comfortable and they go with absolutely everything.
- Coral studs – These summery studs are another must. They’re nice and simple, yet will provide a great pop of color to any outfit.
- Oversized sunglasses – You can never go wrong with big sunnies — I love the unique, edgy flair of these geometric frames.
- Floppy hat – The hat selection is also very impressive right now. I’ve been looking for a good sun hat for this summer, and this one fits the bill. Not only will it help you achieve a wrinkle-free face later in life (my biggest fear), it has chic & subtle gold studs lining the brim.
- Statement necklace – You all know how much I love statement necklaces and mint — put them together and I’m in love.
- Crossbody bag – This hands-free bag will be ideal for your summer essentials. The strap is even removable!
- Peep toe heels – How gorgeous are these laser-cut peep toe booties? Perfect for spring & summer nights.
- Tortoiseshell sunglasses – If you’ve been wanting to try the round sunglasses fad, these are a good way to dip a toe into the trend.
- Sparkle strap sandals – If you know me, you know how much I love gold and glitter. That’s why I need these sandals, like, yesterday. I really like how just one strap is sparkly and the rest is neutral — that way you can dress them up or down!
What are your favorite items from Target’s cutest collection? Comment below!
(image source: pinterest, someecards.com)