It’s Memorial Day weekend, y’all — the unofficial beginning of summer, a time to thank our troops, a well-deserved day off, an excuse to day drink…. Whatever Mem Day means to you, picking out your outfits for the holiday weekend can always be a struggle. It can be tough to find something patriotic (but not too patriotic, the goal here isn’t to look like Uncle Sam), yet still effortlessly chic. So whether you’re attending your family’s annual Memorial Day cookout, day drinking at a bar or backyard with your peeps, or attending a pool party, I’m here to help with a little styling inspo. Have your own outfit ideas but just want to know about the holiday weekend sales? Skip to the bottom.
This look is perfect for a cookout with your fam — a star-spangled chambray shirt, white skinnies, and demi wedge sandals. Top it off with some all-American shades (aviators are patriotic, right?), a coral collar necklace, a simple crossbody bag, and Essie’s ‘Lollipop.’ Now all you need is a hot dog, watermelon, potato salad, fried chicken, ice cold beer — wait, what were we talking about again?
Day Drinking with Pals
Although a little more low-key, this look is still super cute for a day of drinking with your friends. From the front, this ruby red romper looks very caz (cas? cahz? caj?), but from the back, you have an adorable bow and cutout situation happening. It’s a true “business in the front, party in the back” scenario, but a lot less chic than a mullet. Pair this playsuit with cognac gladiator sandals, tortoiseshell cat-eye sunnies, gold starfish studs, some midi rings, a gold chevron clutch, and you’re good to go. Finish off the look with bright white nails — one of my summer faves.
Last but not least, you might be attending a Mem Day pool party this weekend where you are probably expected to wear your bathing suit. If you’re anything like me, your bikini bod might not be exactly ready for its debut quite yet (as I polish off a sandwich bigger than my head). A great solution to this little issue is high-waisted cutoffs — they do a great job hiding your holiday burger belly while still looking chic. To finish off the look, I chose a red and white gingham bathing suit top (how cute are those little strawberries?!), white sandals, round retro sunglasses, and a red pout.
Which look is your favorite?
Holiday Weekend Sales:
- Aldo – extra 20% off select styles.
- Alternative Apparel – 25% off most popular items with promo code FAVORITE.
- American Apparel – 90% off with code SUPER15.
- Asos – 20% off everything with promo code WEBEGRILLIN.
- BCBG – additional 30% off final sale items.
- Dolce Vita – extra 25% off select items with promo code MAY25.
- Gap – 40% off regular price styles with promo code EVENT.
- H&M – up to 70% off select items.
- J. Crew – extra 30% off sale, 25% off packing picks with promo code PACKME.
- J. Crew Factory – 50% off women’s and men’s styles, 40% off girls’ and boys’ styles
- Kate Spade – up to 75% off.
- La Mer – 25% off entire site with promo code SUMMER14.
- Nasty Gal – additional 50% off markdowns
- Nordstrom – up to 40% off.
- Old Navy – up to 50% off entire store.
- Saks – up to 55% off select items.
- Shoemint – up to 60% off.
- Splendid – 25% off select styles with promo code MEMORIALDAY.
- Stylemint – up to 60% off.
- Trina Turk – extra 20% off sale.
- Urban Outfitters – 20% off all dresses, all men’s tanks and shorts.
Have a happy, fun, and safe holiday weekend!