Today marks the first official day of my absolute favorite season; it’s finally fall, y’all! I just can’t get enough of leather, fur, flannel, boots, sweaters, scarves — you name it. Although this post doesn’t need much of an explanation, today I’m featuring five fads of the season that won’t cost your whole paycheck. Usually with very trendy, seasonal pieces, I don’t like to spend much more than $50 if it’s going to go out of style mere months later (lookin’ at you, mullet skirts). Check out my picks below! NOTE: Not to be worn together — like please don’t.
- Cobalt Hat – You all know how much I love floppy hats. Add cobalt to the mix and I’m sold.
- Leather Skirt – Leather was huge last fall, and now it’s back, back again (tell a friend). I love this flouncy little skirt from Old Navy — although the shape may remind you of your Abercrombie skirts circa 2003, it’s now very fall 2014.
- Leopard Sneakers – Speaking of leather, check out the faux leather trim on these sassy leopard sneakers. They’re the perfect accessory to edge up your t-shirt + jeans weekend uniform.
- 360 Studs – I’m absolutely loving the front-back earring trend. The pearl version is nice and classic, but I’m also v into the pavé pair here and spike version here.
- Fringe Bag – Fringe is also pretty may-jah this season. Go big with a fringe-trim fall floral kimono if you’re feeling frisky; if you’re more hestitant, test the waters with the bag shown above.
What do you think? Comment your 5 picks below!
(image source: kwana.com)