Since I started my blog, I have received several Liebster Award nominations – but never took the time to do the post for it. Why? Who knows. Laziness, obviously, and I guess I thought it was kind of fake and weird until Annie Reeves
wore army pants and flip flops posted her Liebster, so it immediately became cool and naturally I followed suit. Most recently, I was nominated by Kayla’s Chaos, but I’ve also received noms from blogger sweethearts All That Shimmers, Shoot to Kale, Kiss and Make Me Up & Exquisite by Design. Thanks for the love, ladies! Here goes nothin’.
1. Display the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who has nominated you.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions they have posted.
5. Create 11 questions to ask.
6. Choose your own nominations.
1. I graduated with a degree in biology. LOL.
2. True life: I’m addicted to sugar.
3. I have a rescue dog named Louie who I truly believe is a villain-turned-dog a la Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I kinda like him though.
4. Target is my second home.
5. At 4, I refused to go to church so my mom took away my TV privileges for a week. In response, I creepily slid a note under her door that said “I do not carr.” I think that sums me up pretty well. #sassy5ever #lifemantra
6. I want so badly to be a morning person, but I never, ever will be.
7. My boyfriend describes me as a 400 lb. man inside a 5′ 2″ girl’s body. Can’t say I disagree. So what if I want pizza every night for dinner?!
8. I can lick my elbow.
9. I work for a really awesome company called The Big Fake Wedding.
10. I have a birthmark in my tramp stamp vicinity that looks IDENTICAL to Hawaii. It’s geographically accurate and everything.
11. Goat cheese is my religion.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started my blog in the summer of 2013, right after I moved down to Charleston. Having moved to a new city 500 miles away, knowing just a handful of people, I decided to document the exploration of my new home and my fashion sense along the way. TK&PD also originated as a way to help my friends and family with their styling questions (i.e., “How do I wear these leather shorts?” or “What should I wear for Valentine’s Day?”) and very quickly became so much more.
2. What is your dream job?
3. What’s your go-to piece in your wardrobe?
My chambray shirt. Anytime I buy a tricky piece and I’m trying to figure out how to style it, chambray works every time. It also really comes in handy when layering!
4. What five things do you always carry in your bag?
iPhone, credit card, Aquaphor, snacks (obvs), and bright pink lipstick – my secret weapon. If you’re ever looking a little tired, bright pink lipstick immediately brightens you up and makes you look more awake. As for feeling more awake, that’s what lots of coffee is for.
5. What’s the last song you listened to?
Every song on my sister’s latest demo album. Her name is Carleigh Nesbit and she’s an extremely talented singer/songwriter. Check her out!
6. What’s your favorite season and why?
In my hometown, Charlottesville, VA, it would have to be fall. The leaves, the mountains, the weather, the wardrobe. Don’t call me basic. Here in Charleston, however, since fall doesn’t exist, I’d have go with spring. The middle of May, right before it gets absurdly, painfully, almost comically hot, when everything is blooming and bright. For a couple weeks, it feels kind of like heaven.
7. You’re at a bar. What do you order?
If it’s brunch, a Bloody Mary. Any other time of day, a Moscow Mule.
8. What’s one trend you wish would go away? One you hope stays forever?
Go away: wedge sneakers. Stay forever: fur vests.
9. Who is your favorite fashion icon?
Today, Mindy Lahiri from The Mindy Project. Every day, Olivia Palermo. As for my all-time favorite? Brigitte Bardot. Feminine, classic, a little edgy. Stripes and polka dots everywhere. Big hair. Perfection.
10. What is one passion of yours, other than what you blog about?
Animals. If I could, I’d live on a farm with hundreds of rescue dogs, every animal from every abusive farm, and Justin Timberlake. I know he’s not an animal but I’m passionate about him too.
11. What are your resolutions/goals for 2015, both blog-related and personal?
Blog-related: blog more, plan and schedule my posts better, wear more colors, stay true to myself and avoid being influenced by the (sometimes) cookie cutter blogger culture.
Personal: drink more water, no screens before bed, be more positive, travel often.
1. luxe & staple
2. Southern Meets Chic
3. White Girl Black Pants
4. Holy City in Heels
5. Northern Lights – Southern Belles
6. like the yogurt
7. Sunflowers & Lace
8. Louella Reese
9. Trendy on a Budget
10. Venita Aspen
11. To Hell in a Handbag
1. Describe yourself in five words or less.
2. What’s your spirit animal?
3. What’s number one on your wish list right now?
4. Who or what inspires you?
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
6. Heels or flats?
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. K/F/M: Leo, Ryan Gosling, and Justin Timberlake.
9. What’s your favorite quote?
10. You’re stranded on a desert island. What five things would you want with you?
11. What advice would you give to aspiring bloggers?
Hey this was fun! Thanks for reading, guys!