Okay, at the risk of being the epitome of #shitgirlssay, I really can’t believe the 4th of July is already here. Where is the time going?! P sure it was May like 5 min ago. Anyway, now it’s time for one of my favorite instances of situational dressing of the year – good ole Independence Day. It can be hard to balance festive with full-on Uncle Sam vibes, but I’m here with some last-minute ideas for both your daytime and nighttime looks. If you’ve already got an outfit in mind and are just here for the sales, scroll to the bottom.
Whether you’re having a beach day, pool day, going to a backyard BBQ or heading out on the boat, this lil look will be perfect. Just start out with your favorite swimsuit (my pick is this sweet scalloped Marysia bikini) and slip into some high-waisted denim shorts, and you’re good to go! Any jorts will do but I like high-waisted so I can eat all da hot dogs, amirite? For an extra festive twist, DIY some flag cutoffs (as seen above) with my tutorial here! Top off the look with a Panama hat, blue mirrored clubmasters, some sporty slides, and a gold lariat necklace for a little sass. Last but not least, swipe on some tinted lip balm for a patriotic pop of red and load up your tote with lots of
Bikini: Marysia Swim | Denim Shorts: H&M | Slides: Target | Panama Hat: Target | Pom Pom Tote: Design Darling | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Panama Hat: Target | Lariat Necklace: Jules Smith | Lips: NYX Butter Lip Balm (Red Velvet)
After showering off the saltwater (and let’s be real, taking a nap), it’s time for your night look. Maybe you’re going out with your pals, or perhaps you’re just watching fireworks with your boo, but this white hot outfit will work either way. I’m a huge fan of head-to-toe white on a normal summer night, but on the 4th of July it’s kind of a no-brainer. I’m also having a major moment with anything/everything off the shoulder right now, so you can imagine my feelings towards this little eyelet number. Pair with white distressed skinnies for that #whiteonwhiteonwhite look, then add some festive accessories to top it off. The Clare V. clutch above was pretty made for the 4th, and I just couldn’t help myself with these red Lisi Lerch tassel earrings. Not only will they look amazing against your summer whites, but dangly earrings and off shoulder necklines are kind of a match made in heaven. Top it off with neutral heels, gold jewels (this bracelet from Moon & Lola reminds me of fireworks!), and that red lip classic thing that you liiiiike. Last but not least, I went with Essie’s “Saltwater Happy” because a. I’m in love with the name, and b. I felt like the outfit needed a less obvious accent color to *kind of* offset the matchy-matchy feel. Now it’s a party (in the USA – too much?).
Off Shoulder Top: Chicwish | White Skinnies: Topshop | Heels: Aldo | Clutch: Clare V. | Tassel Earrings: Lisi Lerch | Bracelet: Moon & Lola | Rings: Moon & Lola | Lips: MAC (Russian Red) | Nails: Essie (Saltwater Happy)
Now for what you all came for – the 4th of July sales. Some are amazing (hi Loft) and others are like thaaaanks girlie how generous (lookin’ at you, Anthro), but check ’em out for yourself below!
Holiday Weekend Sales:
- Aldo – 50% off the original price on all reduced styles
- Anthropologie – extra 20% off all sale items
- ASOS – up to 50% off
- Banana Republic – 30% off the original price with the code BRTHIRTY AND an additional 50% off sale with code code BRGOBIG
- Belk – up to 75% off clearance, up to 50% off summer must-haves (& more!)
- Forever 21 – 30% off select summer styles (& more!)
- Gap – up to 50% off
- H&M – items up to 60% off and select merchandise on sale for just $4
- J. Crew – 30% off select styles and an additional 30% off sale with code SUMMERSTYLE
- J. Crew Factory – 50% off everything AND an extra 20% off with code HOTSALE
- Joe’s Jeans – up to 50% off select styles
- Kate Spade – extra 25% off sale with code SETSALE
- Loft – 50% off everything with code GOFOURTH (& 60% off in stores today!)
- Lulu’s – 10% off $50+, 15% off $100+, and 20% off $200+ (& free shipping!)
- Milly – extra 20% off sale with code HAPPY4TH
- Nasty Gal – extra 40% off all sale items
- Nordstrom – under $100 sale
- Old Navy – $2/$4/$6/$8 sale
- Rebecca Minkoff – 60% off sale
- Target – up to 30% off (& more!)
- Trina Turk – extra 20% off sale and 20% off select swim products
- Urban Outfitters – extra 30% off all sale items
- Zara – sale starting at 50% off
Which sales will you be shopping this weekend? Did I forget any?! Comment below!