Back to school shopping has brought me an absurd amount of joy ever since I can remember. Despite the fact that I’ve been out of school for a couple years now, “back to school” clothes have and will always be a thing. Just because we’ve graduated college (*tear*) doesn’t mean we can’t get excited about pencil pouches, new backpacks, and a fresh pair of sneakers. I mean if you think about it, we’re kind of getting the best deal here – we get to buy pretty planners and fun keychains, but we don’t have to do homework. Ever again. So in your face, kids.
To celebrate the beginning of another school year, the unofficial beginning of fall, and festive shopping, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite back to school gear that will have you dying to sharpen a pencil. Can’t you just hear the lunch bell ringing?
- Leopard Print Baseball Cap: Cover up your bed head while still looking effortlessly chic. Does it get any better than that? Oh yeah, the fact that it’s only $11.
- Frends Headphones: Be the cool kid on the bus with these babies. I think I include these in pretty much every shopping guide I’ve ever posted, but can you blame me?
- Warby Parker Glasses: Nerdy chic has never looked so good with these spectacles. Don’t have a prescription? Your secret is safe with me (and Warby Parker).
- Fur Keychain: Fashionistas everywhere are rocking fun keychains on handbags, backpacks – you name it. Hang this merlot-hued fur keychain from your favorite bag for a playful fall twist.
- Distressed Cognac Backpack: From the tassel zipper to that perfectly distressed (faux) leather, this backpack is everything.
- White Marble Backpack: Look like every blogger’s insta backgrounds with this white marble backpack! Yes, I’m just bitter that I don’t have marble countertops.
- Black Quilted Backpack: Chic, classic, and a little edgy, this backpack could even be work-appropriate.
- Rifle Paper Co. Agenda: Everyone’s favorite floral print, now on a planner. Need I say more?
- I Am Very Busy Agenda: Pencil in your events and appointments in style, you busy bee. Also comes in pink & rose gold! *insert heart eyes emoji here*
- Striped Travel Mug: Is anyone else a serious sucker for these ban.do mantras? This travel mug is perfect for back to school and will remind you that you’re awesome. Even if you didn’t really do your best.
- Polka Dot Travel Mug: For those of you who want a travel mug that doesn’t talk to you. You know I can’t resist those polka dots, Kate Spade!
- Essie Fall 2015 Mini Four-Pack: Essie’s newest seasonal collection makes my basic little heart happy. Try out the top colors above, or check out the full collection here.
- New Balance 620 Sneakers: As someone whose feet cry after an hour in heels, I’m a big fan of the sneaker craze right now. Bonus points if they’re in festive fall colors like this pair!
- Daniel Wellington Watch: What would back to school shopping be without a shiny new timepiece? If you’re ready to graduate from your Michael Kors, pick up one of these – I promise you won’t regret it.
- Stay Focused Pencil Pouch: More words of encouragement from ban.do, and very fitting when you have crippling ADD.
- Assorted Pen Set: Because you need cute pens and pencils to put in your cute pencil pouch, duh.
- Metallic Hair Ties: Ponytails don’t have to be limited to workouts. Channel your 4th grade self (and shave off a few minutes of your morning routine) with a pretty pony.
So can we all just agree to never stop back to school shopping? Even though I’m kind of always back to school shopping? I’m not going to apologize, because buying cute pens will never not be fun. Happy first day of school/work/unofficial fall, y’all!