Wait, wasn’t it Memorial Day like two seconds ago? With the big move, getting a new job, and starting some major blog renovations (more on that later but !!!), this summer has gone by in a blink. While some are mourning the loss of the season, I’m already over here putting away bikinis and ordering fall candles (#basic). One thing I’m not giving up when autumn rolls around? White, white, and more white. I’ve mentioned my dislike for the “no white after Labor Day” rule before, and I think now it’s more antiquated than ever. So I’m rebelling with all white everything, and I invite you all to join.
I decided to close off summer the same way I started it – with a white off the shoulder top. This time, however, I opted for a thicker, more substantial top, as opposed to the more gauzy and sheer one I wore for Memorial Day, and swapped out my denim cutoffs for some distressed white skinnies. Next, instead of lace up sandals, I went with black heels with sassy braided strap details. I also added on a denim jacket to keep me cozy now that the nights are getting a little cooler (yesss).
To top it all off, I wore the same choker as last time – just to show y’all how this little guy will be worn through every season – along with my go-to Clare V clutch, blue mirrored sunnies, and minimal gold jewelry. Last but not least, a pop of coral on my lips as one last nod to summer. Fall, ready when you are, babe.
Top: Lulu’s (still available in blush!) | Jeans: Old Navy | Denim Jacket: Gap | Shoes: Lulu’s | Clutch: Clare V | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Choker: Vanessa Mooney | Bangles: c/o Moon & Lola | Lips: NYX Matte Lipstick (‘Indie Flick’) | Nails: OPI (‘Cajun Shrimp’)
Labor Day Weekend Sales
- Anthropologie: Extra 30% off sale items.
- Banana Republic: 40% off (almost) everything with code FALL40.
- Forever 21: Buy one get one free in store and online with code BOGOFREE.
- DL1961: Up to 70% off.
- Draper James: Extra 30% off sale with code LABORDAY.
- Gap: 40% off your purchase with code SHINEON.
- H&M: 60% off select styles.
- J. Crew: 30% off your order of 200+ or 25% off your order of 125+ with code SHOPMORE (online only).
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off everything, in stores and online.
- LOFT: Extra 50% off sale styles, buy one get one 50% off.
- Madewell: 30% off right-now picks and extra 30% off sale styles, in store and online, with code DOUBLEUP.
- Milly: 25% off sale and final sale with code LABORDAY16.
- Nasty Gal: Extra 25% off sale.
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% off through September 11th.
- Old Navy: 50% off all jeans, dresses, and tees.
- Solid & Striped: 30% off your order with code LD30.
- Soludos: Up to 70% off sale.
- Target: Up to 30% off + extra 10% off home items online, 25% off clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- Topshop: 30% off summer styles.
- Urban Outfitters: Buy one get one 50% off.
As for me, I plan on hitting up Loft and Madewell for new fall pieces, as well as ordering some fun home decor from Target to put the finishing touches on my new DC apartment. What about y’all? Comment below ❤
Happy Labor Day, babes!