This bodysuit, you guys. I think I’m in love. For some reason I’ve never been a big bodysuit wearer (perhaps because I haven’t had the right jeans for them, but more on that later), however that instantly changed when I found this fun little piece. It’s incredibly comfortable, flattering, and the low/bow back is just too good. It was perfect for my birthday brunch a couple weeks ago, and I’m looking forward to wearing it on cool summer nights all season long.
For this look, I knew I needed some distressed high-waisted jeans that weren’t too light, weren’t too dark – and they had to be Levi’s. This pair from Shopbop met all my requirements and then some. These have been on maj repeat this spring, and I’ve been getting so many compliments on them! As for the rest of the outfit, I went with lace up heels, my embroidered crossbody, go-to gold jewels, and some party girl earrings. Y’all know I can’t resist a little bit of color!
Bodysuit: Topshop | Jeans: Levi’s | Crossbody Bag: Francesca’s | Shoes: BP | Earrings: J.Crew (similar) Rings: Baublebar | Nails: OPI Gel (‘Alpine Snow’) | NYX Butter Gloss (‘Fortune Cookie’)
Well, it only took us until the middle of May to get rid of the “April” showers and finally bring some spring! What better way to ring in the warmer weather than a trip to a tulip farm? I headed out to Burnside Farms (yep, same as the sunflower farm you saw here!) to pick some fresh blooms and have a little picnic with my pals. Okay, so maybe we just went to the hot dog stand – but we ate them at a picnic table so that’s the same, right?
For my frolic in the flower fields, I went with a white dress with some colorful floral embroidery (never one to stray away from situational dressing). Like many other bloggers/everyone on your insta feed, I too fell in love with the very similar Free People frock – but I wanted the embroidery color from the black dress put on the white dress! Leave it to one of my favorite boutiques, Tres Carmen, to carry an almost-identical dress with my dream color combo – and at half the price! To accessorize, I opted for these comfy espadrilles (a crazy-good dupe for the Marc Fisher ones), giant tassel earrings, round sunnies, and some delicate gold jewelry. And of course, a sweet little basket to carry my blossoms ❤
Hope you all are enjoying some beautiful spring weather!
Dress: Tres Carmen (similar here) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Ray Ban | Earrings: H&M | Rings: Baublebar | Bangles: c/o Moon & Lola
I’m officially 26, y’all, and it’s time to celebrate! I’ve always loved having my birthday right before Cinco de Mayo, especially when they both fall close to the weekend like they do this year. It gives me the perfect excuse to extend the fiesta for as long as possible!
This year I combined the two for a fun and festive look that incorporates both “holidays,” (does my birthday count as a holiday?) featuring some of my favorite trends – pom poms, off the shoulder, and embroidery. These are great aspects of a birthday outfit AND a Cinco de Mayo outfit, so this just felt right, ya know?
This Asos dress just screams party time, so it was kind of a no-brainer. Since it does have just a *bit* going on, I tried to keep the rest of the look fairly simple. I topped it off with tortoise sunglasses, nude lace up heels (these BP ones have been on major repeat this spring!), and a nude crossbody featuring some fun embroidery.
Thanks for partying with TK&PD! ❤
Dress: Asos | Crossbody Bag: Francesca’s | Shoes: BP | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Pineapple Studs c/o Swell Caroline | Rings: Baublebar | Bangles: c/o Moon & Lola | Lips: NYX (‘Girl Crush’) | Nails: Essie (‘Topless and Barefoot’)
It’s my very first spring in DC and you know what that means – cherry blossoms! After the crazy winter we had (i.e. 80 degrees followed by a snowstorm), I wasn’t sure if I’d even be able to see these pretty blooms this year. But Mother Nature pulled through, starting out the spring season with a bang.
I celebrated the beautiful weather with all sleeveless everything. Sun’s out, guns out, amirite? I went with a comfy and casual grey dress, a super soft Tencel trench vest, and my new favorite spring booties. I kept up this classic look with a simple black crossbody, tortoiseshell sunglasses, my go-to Daniel Wellington watch, and dainty gold jewels. For a final feminine touch, I opted for matchy-matchy pale pink lips and nails. Spring, oh how I’ve missed you.
Dress: Abercrombie (similar here and here) | Trench Vest: Gap | Shoes: BP | Crossbody Bag: Gap (similar here)| Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Earrings: Baublebar (similar) | Necklace: Forever 21 (similar) | Watch: Daniel Wellington | Ring: Baublebar | Lips: NYX (‘Pale Pink’) | Nails: Essie (‘Fiji’)
Y’all. It has been a wild 2017 so far. Can you tell by my little leave of absence there?! Oops! Part of the reason is because work (my *real* job) has been nuts and is currently sending me all over the place – and the rest is because of some very exciting news that I can’t wait to share shortly. I don’t want to give away too much yet, but some really fun things are coming to the blog soon, so please bear with me and my scarce posts for a bit!
Now onto sweeter things – like this Valentine’s Day look. When I discovered last year that I had absolutely no pink in my closet, I made a vow right then and there to change that. This bright pink turtleneck brought me from zero to Barbie in .5 seconds, and I can’t say I hate it. Sometimes I like to go subtle with my holiday outfits, but not this time. Although I went classic with dark jeans and neutral booties, I topped off this festive Valentine’s getup with a pop of leopard (duh), big sunnies, and a pair of statement earrings.
Turtleneck: Asos | Jeans: J Brand | Booties: Aldo (similar) | Clutch: Clare V | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Ditto (use code TOPKNOTS for your first month free!) | Earrings: J. Crew | Ring: BaubleBar
Happy Valentine’s Day, sweethearts! ❤
For the past few months, I’ve been on the hunt for an emerald green velvet slip dress (not specific at all, right?!), and finally found one just in time to watch the ball drop. Since the slip dress trend is so easy to style and dress up or down, I decided to do just that for a special NYE two ways post!
For the casual look, I went for the Cher Horowitz inspired layering trend that has ruled 2016. I topped it off with two more huge pieces from this year – a choker and Adidas Superstars. Because why wouldn’t I go full 90s to ring in the new year?
Velvet Dress: Love Culture | White Tee: Forever 21 (similar) | Sneakers: Adidas | Bag: Gap (similar here) | Choker: Nordstrom
To dress up this velvet slip, I slipped on a faux fur coat, some lace-up heels (with tassels!), a lariat necklace, and an envelope clutch. For the finishing touch, I added a dark lip for a little drama.
Velvet Dress: Love Culture | Faux Fur Coat: Forever 21 | Shoes: Target | Clutch: Lulu’s (similar) | Lariat Necklace: Forever 21 (similar)
Which look is your fave? Comment below!
For more NYE inspo, check out last year’s post here.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year’s Eve! As always, thanks for following TK&PD, and stay tuned for some big thangs comin’ your way in 2017!
One of my favorite things about the holidays (and there are many) is holiday party attire. You just can’t get more fun and festive! This Marchesa Notte gown from Rent the Runway pretty much took my breath away when I saw it. From the luxe hue to the intricate illusion neckline, I cannot get enough. I’m not even a big hi-low hem fan, but with the fabric and the movement of this dress, I can’t even be mad at it.
Behind the scenes ~exclusive~ sidenote: I took these photos on the absolute coldest day so far in DC (the high was 29!). Can’t you tell by my slightly pained expressions? Haha! People were looking at me like I was nuts, and I’m pretty sure I had mild frostbite in my toes. But anything for the picture, right y’all?? #worthit
Dress: Rent the Runway | Shoes: Steve Madden | Earrings: J. Crew Factory | Rings: H&M and Madewell
I hope you all have the happiest of holidays! ❤
I know it seems like I’m always late to the party on these gift guides, but this week is when I do the majority of my Christmas shopping – and I know I’m not alone there. Major props to everyone who posted their roundups before Thanksgiving, but unfortunately my list wasn’t checked even once (let alone twice) by that point. So for all of you that have waited until the last minute yet again, I’m here to help with ideas under $100 that will arrive before Santa.
- Faux Fur Slippers ($35) – Faux fur anything always gets my stamp of approval, and these babies will keep you cozy all winter long.
- Velvet Crossbody ($16) – This was one of my Cyber Monday purchies, and I get tons of compliments every time I carry it. It looks so luxe, yet is cheaper than your average Postmates order.
- Mini Light Box ($30) – I can’t get enough of these ever since I saw Libby Living Colorfully‘s cheeky one here. Pick one up for the lady in your life who loves to express herself.
- Oribe Texturizing Spray ($22-44) – This stuff is worth its weight in gold, but unfortunately costs about the same too. I can rarely justify buying myself pricy beauty products, which automatically makes this dry shampoo alternative the perfect gift.
- Gold Bubble Earrings ($52) – BaubleBar makes the best dupe for the bubble earrings that you see on every blogger and her mama. But lucky for you, these won’t gobble up half your rent check.
- Marble Phone Case ($13) – You can never go wrong with marble. Order this for the girl that’s basic at heart (me).
- Striped Gloves ($20) – When in doubt, hop on over to Gap and pick up a few things to throw in a gift bag. Pair these with the fur slippers above for the coziest present possible!
- Prosecco Rose Candle ($18) – Another gift idea to file under “things people don’t want to buy for themselves but really want.” This Voluspa candle smells incredible and comes in the prettiest tin.
- Marquee Letter ($15) – Anything with initials or a monogram undoubtedly makes you look more thoughtful, even though it’s, like, the easiest thing ever. If your pal isn’t a monogram kind of gal, opt for B, A, and R to put over her bar cart. Chic!
- Ceramic Mug ($16) – This is basically the new “world’s best mom” mug, but way cuter.
- Wireless Headphones ($85) – Now that Apple has ruined lives everywhere by taking away our headphone jacks, it’s time to finally bite the bullet on some nice wireless headphones. These are noise canceling and I just love the vintagey feel.
- Herschel Supply Co. Travel Kit ($30) – If you notice the guy in your life throwing all his stuff in a plastic bag when he travels, it’s time to get him an upgrade. This comes in several different colors too!
- Death Star Popcorn Maker ($50) – If you’re dating a huge nerd like I am (hi, Will!), he’s most likely still talking about how cool the new Star Wars movie was. Be an enabler with this Rogue One-inspired popcorn maker.
- Topman Knit Hat ($20) – Beanies have a tendency to either make guys look like hipster douchebags or five year old children. Finally Topman comes to the rescue with this effortlessly cool cap.
- Cocktail Kit ($30) – For the man who loves to play bartender. Wrap up this wood + stainless steel cocktail kit with his favorite bourbon and you’ve got the easiest and coolest gift under the tree.
- Anthony Shave Cream ($19) – I’m a firm believer in buying dudes things to pamper themselves, since they never will for themselves. Even the burliest of boys deserve some fancy shave cream now and then.
- Philips Hue Light Bulbs ($30) – Since Amazon’s Alexa was such a huge gift last year (or if you know someone is getting it for your guy this year), these light bulbs are a great addition. Verbally dimming the lights will be his new favorite party trick.
- Flannel-Lined Slippers ($30) – Slippers will always make my roundup, lame or not. The slippers my sister and I got for our dad a couple years ago are still his favorites!
- Crosley Record Player ($80) – Record players are an annoying amount of money, which puts them at the top of the great gift idea list. Pick up a couple of his favorite albums on vinyl and you basically win Christmas.
All of the gifts above are currently in stock and able to be delivered or picked up by Christmas, so be sure to get a jump on your shopping ASAP to ensure delivery by the 24th. Maybe next year we won’t procrastinate, guys? Just kidding, see you here next time.
For more gift inspo, check out last year’s guide here. Happy shopping!
Photo: The Smiths Do Love
If there’s anything better than a classic leather jacket, it’s one that comes in one of my favorite colors: emerald. Loving this festive hue is pretty much in my DNA – not only because it relates to Christmas, but it’s also my birthstone hehe. Since leather jackets are a little badass by nature, I paired mine with a cozy sleeveless turtleneck. Is it just me, or has Target been seriously on their sweater game recently?! To top off the outfit, I went with all of my go-to accessories, my leopard clutch, neutral booties, Karen Walker sunnies, and some fun jewels. Hope y’all don’t mind that those are always on rotation, oops 🙂 This jacket was such a great purchase to wear with dresses and sweaters this fall, and is also proving to be the perfect piece to edge up my holiday looks. Can I get it in every color?
Jacket: Nordstrom | Sleeveless Sweater: Target | Jeans: J. Brand | Booties: Aldo (similar) | Clutch: Clare V | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Ditto (use code TOPKNOTS for your first month free!) | Necklace: Betsy Pittard | Ear Jackets: Forever 21 | Rings: H&M and Madewell | Lips: NYX Matte Lipstick (‘Eden’)
Get it, guys? Apples, worms, Cyber Monday..? Okay this one might be a stretch, but I just couldn’t help sharing my recent trip to my hometown’s apple orchard, Carter Mountain. It’s always one of my favorite fall stops! Now as sad as I am to say goodbye to autumn, I’m SO excited for it to *finally* be the holiday season – aka when the rest of the world says it’s socially acceptable to start celebrating. Below you’ll find my biggest sale roundup yet for another favorite holiday of mine, Cyber Monday, to help you shop for everyone on your nice list. Cheers to the unofficial end to fall and the start of the most wonderful time of the year!
Sweater: Goodnight Macaroon | Jeans: J. Brand | Booties: Madewell (similar) | Clutch: Clare V | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Ditto (use code TOPKNOTS for your first month free!) | Tassel Earrings: Forever 21 (similar) | Rings: H&M and Madewell
Cyber Monday Sales
- AG Jeans: 30% off everything with code BF16.
- Amazon: Up to 77% off on select items.
- Anthropologie: 20% off full-price items, free shipping over $150.
- Aldo: 50% off select styles; 20% off new arrivals and all regularly priced styles with code CYBER16.
- Alternative Apparel: 50% off with code CYBER50.
- ASOS: 20% off everything with code GOGOGO.
- Banana Republic: 50% off everything, online only.
- Baublebar: 35% off 2+ items with code SAVE35, 25% off everything with code SAVE25.
- Bloomingdales: 25% off a selection of regular and sale-price items, free shipping, and free returns.
- Clare V: 30% off the best of the season and free shipping.
- Current/Elliot: 25% off your purchase with the code THANKS.
- Draper James: 20% off $200, 25% off $300, 30% off $400+.
- Express: 50% off everything and free shipping.
- Forever 21: Deals starting at $4, 21% all orders and free shipping with code CYBER21.
- Free People: Extra 25% off all sale items.
- Gap: 50% off everything with code CYBMON.
- GiGi New York: Spend $125, save 20%; spend $250 save 25%; spend $350 save 30%.
- H&M: 20% off $30+, 25% off $50+, 30% off $100+.
- Herschel Supply: $20 off $60+, $40 off $110+, %60 off $140+.
- J. Crew: For the first time EVER (!), J. Crew is offering 40% off your purchase, in stores and online with code MONDAY. File this under “about damn time.”
- J. Crew Factory: 60% off everything, plus free shipping and extra 40% off clearance with code HAPPYSALE.
- Joe’s: 25% off sitewide, free shipping, and free returns with code CYBER25.
- Joie: 25% off your purchase with code THANKS.
- Kate Spade: 30% off with code WIRED, in store and online.
- LOFT: 50% off everything, in stores and online, with code CYBERMONDAY.
- Lulus: Extra 40% off sale with code 40CYBER.
- Madewell: 25% off your entire purchase with code CYBERMONDAY, in stores and online.
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off and free shipping with $25 purchase with code CYBER.
- ModCloth: 30% off everything and free shipping with code CYBER16.
- Nasty Gal: Up to 80% off.
- Necessary Clothing: 40% off with code WOOHOO.
- Nordstrom: Up to 50% off men’s, women’s and children’s, no code needed, with an extra 20% off select items.
- Old Navy: 50% off everything, even rarely on-sale stuff!
- Revolve: 20% off final sale with code CYBER20.
- Shopbop: 15% off $200, 20% off $500, 25% off $800+ with code GOBIG16.
- Show Me Your Mumu: 50% off sale with code MUMUSALE50.
- Sole Society: 30% off the entire site
- Solid & Striped: 30% off with code CYBERMONDAY.
- Soludos: 25% off everything with code CYBER25.
- Target: Extra 15% off your purchase, online and in stores.
- Tobi: 50% off sitewide, free shipping, and 60% off new arrivals.
- Tory Burch: 30% off everything with code THANKS.
- Topshop: Up to 50% off, in stores and online.
- Urban Outfitters: 50% off $150, $15 off $75, in stores and online.
- West Elm: Up to %50 off.
- Zara: Up to 50% off select items, online and in store.
Happy shopping, friends!