For the past few months, I’ve been on the hunt for an emerald green velvet slip dress (not specific at all, right?!), and finally found one just in time to watch the ball drop. Since the slip dress trend is so easy to style and dress up or down, I decided to do just that for a special NYE two ways post!
For the casual look, I went for the Cher Horowitz inspired layering trend that has ruled 2016. I topped it off with two more huge pieces from this year – a choker and Adidas Superstars. Because why wouldn’t I go full 90s to ring in the new year?
Velvet Dress: Love Culture | White Tee: Forever 21 (similar) | Sneakers: Adidas | Bag: Gap (similar here) | Choker: Nordstrom
To dress up this velvet slip, I slipped on a faux fur coat, some lace-up heels (with tassels!), a lariat necklace, and an envelope clutch. For the finishing touch, I added a dark lip for a little drama.
Velvet Dress: Love Culture | Faux Fur Coat: Forever 21 | Shoes: Target | Clutch: Lulu’s (similar) | Lariat Necklace: Forever 21 (similar)
Which look is your fave? Comment below!
For more NYE inspo, check out last year’s post here.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year’s Eve! As always, thanks for following TK&PD, and stay tuned for some big thangs comin’ your way in 2017!
Memorial Day is widely accepted as the unofficial start of summer, and I’m welcoming it with open arms (and bare shoulders). It doesn’t feel very “unofficial” in Charleston where spring is approximately 5 min and we’ve been pushing 90 degrees since April, so for all intents and purposes I’m going to start saying it’s summer. Deal? I’m celebrating the best way I know how – on a rooftop wearing two of my favorite warm-weather staples, an off the shoulder top and denim cutoffs. Ring in summertime with me (and the best Memorial Day Weekend sales) below!
Is there anything better than a feminine off the shoulder neckline paired with the unfinished look of distressed denim? The answer is no – making it the ideal summer uniform. Since this combo provided the perfect blank canvas, I had lots of fun with accessories.
I love a choker with an OTS neckline, and this one from Vanessa Mooney makes me swoon(ey). Another fun touch was this little clutch featuring a tassel zipper, because tassels are my religion. I finished off the look with lace up sandals (currently on sale for $18!), classic black aviators, and delicate gold jewelzZzz. (Kayla Itsines-induced sports bra tanline not included.)
Top: J.O.A. c/o Stylexchange | Shorts: OneTeaspoon c/o Stylexchange | Clutch: Gracie Roberts c/o Stylexchange | Sandals: Old Navy | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Earrings: c/o Stylexchange | Choker: Vanessa Mooney | Rings: c/o Rocksbox (use code chloexoxo for your first month free!)
Photos by Smith Photos + Ink
Memorial Day Weekend Sales
- American Apparel: $25 off $100, $50 off $150, and $75 off $200.
- Anthropologie: Extra 30% off sale items.
- Banana Republic: 40% off your purchase with code BRTAKE40.
- For Love and Lemons: 30% off select styles with XTRA30.
- Forever 21: 30% off in stores and online with code EXTRA30.
- Gap: 35% off your purchase with code EVENT.
- H&M: Up to 60% off in store and online.
- J. Crew: 30% off your purchase with code WEEKEND.
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off in stores and online.
- LOFT: 60% off summer faves and all sale styles, 40% off new arrivals.
- Madewell: Extra 30% off sale styles with code THISCLOSE.
- Matisse Footwear: 20% off select shoes.
- Milly: Extra 20% off sale and final sale with code MEMDAY2016.
- Nasty Gal: Extra 40% off sale.
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% through June 5 with their half yearly sale.
- Old Navy: 50% off all tanks, tees, shorts, and swim. No code needed.
- Perverse Sunglasses: Shop new sunglasses and get 20% off with code GETAWAY20.
- Solid & Striped: 20% off with code MEMORIALDAY20.
- Soludos: 30% off select styles and get a free tote with every order.
- Ted Baker: Up to 40% off.
- Topshop: Up to 30% off select styles.
- Urban Outfitters: Long weekend sale featuring 25% off shorts and graphic tees.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun MDW. Happy shopping!