On Labor Day, we pay tribute to the contributions of workers, take a well-deserved long weekend, and relax with friends and family. It also marks the unofficial end of summer, so you know you’re gonna need a good outfit. It’s your last time to wear your favorite warm-weather staples, and to some of you, perhaps the last time to wear your summer whites. (Sidenote: hopefully at this point, you all know how I feel about the “no white after Labor Day” rule, so unless you grew up in 1947, keep rockin’ those white skinnies.) So whether you want to go for a trendy vibe, a boho feel, or just go cool & classic, I’ve lined up a few Labor Day looks to give you some inspo.
We obviously need a white skinnies option for Labor Day. In this case, I chose a distressed pair because I’m v into that for fall. I paired the jeans with a printed peplum top, wedges, trendy fringe bag, and blue mirrored sunnies. As for accessories, I went with these 360° studs that I’m currently obsessing over, and some gold rings. This outfit would be perfect for an end-of-summer backyard bash, and can also transition perfectly for nighttime. Just sling on a denim jacket if it’s chilly, switch out your bag for a fun clutch and add some sassy jewelry, then you’re ready for whatever the night brings.
If you’re more of a boho babe, go with your favorite summer maxi. Pair it with some tall black gladiator sandals, a simple clutch, some round sunnies, and you’re good to go! To jazz it up even more, I chose fun gold arrow earrings, bright yellow nails, and subtle purple lipstick (huge for fall). This would also be a great transitional look — for a pool party/day at the beach, you could switch the gladiators out for simple sandals, grab a beach bag instead of the clutch, and wear your bikini under the maxi. Then for a night out, add all the above options, minus the sunnies and plus armfuls of boho bangles.
Lastly, if you want to go for a timeless look on Labor Day, go with this classic frock. It’s an ideal early fall piece, but still has a nautical, summery vibe with the navy + white stripes. Slip on these peep toe booties (another fantastic summer-to-fall transition piece), grab a patterned clutch (bonus points for print mixing!), then top it off with a Panama hat, tortoiseshell sunglasses, and an everyday gold watch. Because I love the color combo of navy + tangerine, I also added a statement necklace and an Essie to match. Usually I’m opposed to it, but sometimes the matchy-matchy thing just works. This outfit would be ideal for a chic boat day or party on a yacht — so now’s the time to make a friend with a yacht.
Which look is your favorite? Comment below!
Trendy – Top: Topshop | Skinnies: Topshop | Wedges: Jessica Simpson | Bag: Steve Madden | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Earrings: BaubleBar | Rings: Gorjana
Boho – Dress: Mara Hoffman | Gladiator Sandals: Deben Hams | Clutch: Nasty Gal | Sunnies: Monki | Earrings: Asos | Purple Lipstick: Urban Decay | Nail Lacquer: OPI
Classic – Dress: Petit Bateau | Booties: Jeffrey Campbell | Panama Hat: Michael Stars | Clutch: Claire V | Sunnies: Illesteva | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Watch: Kate Spade | Nail Lacquer: Essie
Holiday Weekend Sales:
- Anthropologie – extra 20% sale pieces.
- Asos – extra 10% off sale with code HAVE10.
- BaubleBar – up to 50% off select pieces.
- C. Wonder – 30% off site-wide, plus an extra 50% off final sale.
- Club Monaco – extra 40% off sale and 50% off clearance with code HEYFALL.
- Gap – everything up to 40% in-store and online.
- H&M – sale section starting at $5.
- J. Crew – extra 40% off sale and free shipping over $100.
- J. Crew Factory – 40%-60% off everything, in stores and online.
- JewelMint – everything, including sale, half off (the same applies to ShoeMint, StyleMint, and IntiMint!)
- Loft – 50% off sale and select full-priced items.
- Nasty Gal – crazy sale section, including plenty over 60% off.
- Nordstrom – select items up to 40% off.
- Old Navy – everything in store and online up to 50% off.
- Tibi – 20% off curated fall picks with code HELLOFALL.
- Topshop – select pieces 30% off.
- Tory Burch – 20% off $300, 25% off $500, and 30% off $750 with code LABORDAY14.
- Vince Camuto – extra 25% off sale with code EXTRA25OFF.
What’s your wardrobe story this weekend?