Something about fall just makes me want to grab every print I have and layer it all together. Am I alone in this? Using a simple black dress as the base (that is the MOST flattering, btw), I paired together two of my favorite prints, camo and leopard. To throw one more pattern into the mix, I topped off the outfit with a little merlot-hued bandana that IMO, kind of makes the look. Last but not least, my go-to sunnies, peep toe booties, and simple jewelry.
What are your favorites prints to mix and match?
Dress: Leith | Camo Jacket: Forever 21 (similar) | Bandana: Madewell | Shoes: Amazon | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Clutch: Clare V | Rings: Baublebar | Lips: Kylie Cosmetics (‘Koko K’) | Nails: Essie (‘Bahama Mama’)
I bought this sweet little sweater during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale over the summer, and now it’s finally cool enough to wear it in DC! It is so incredibly soft, goes with everything, and the bell sleeves are such a fun addition. Now I want it in every color!
Next up in this look: my favorite distressed white skinnies (now on sale!). Because I’m anti-Labor Day laws, I love wearing my white jeans well into fall – and as great as this sweater looks with regular denim, it really pops against the white. As for the rest of my outfit, I opted for these peep toe booties which have been on major repeat, and my go-to embroidered crossbody. I accessorized with rose gold sunnies and these layered necklaces from Baublebar, which I’ve honestly been wearing probably too much this fall. Oops! *insert shrug emoji*
Happy weekend, friends!
Sweater: Nordstrom | Jeans: J Brand | Shoes: Amazon | Crossbody Bag: Francesca’s | Sunglasses: Amazon | Necklaces: Baublebar | Earrings: Forever 21 | Rings: Baublebar | Lips: NYX (‘Pale Pink’) | Nails: Essie (‘Bahama Mama’)
When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the last few possible drops out of summer. That’s how the saying goes, right? I bought this fun little frock for my bestie’s bridal shower a couple weeks ago, and it was one of my favorite purchases of the season.
You may notice in the dress link below that it was originally long sleeve, but when I tried it on I felt like all that fabric was swallowing me! So I went to the tailor to get it taken in, and then also decided that it would be way better with the sleeves chopped off. I was super happy with how it turned out – and I was way cooler on the 95 degree day of the shower.
For the rest of my outfit, I of course opted for my Cult Gaia bag (since it was pretty much made for this dress!), nude heels, rose gold sunnies, and white ball drop earrings. Anyone else now in the mood for a glass of lemonade?
Dress: Asos | Shoes: BP | Bag: Cult Gaia | Sunglasses: Amazon | Earrings: Amazon | Rings: Baublebar | Bangles: c/o Moon & Lola | Lips: NYX (‘Pale Pink’) | Nails: Essie (‘S’il Vous Play’)
Although generally considered a fall favorite, olive has recently proven to be one of my favorite colors for summer. This off the shoulder top came in three colors: black, white, and this soft green hue. Usually I always go straight for black or white, but I had to make an exception for this little gem!
Aside from the color, I love how this top has some really fun components – bell sleeves, ruffle details, and even a ~flirty~ split back. It’s such a perfect piece for the season! On chillier nights (like this week, which has gotten down to the upper 50s/lower 60s!), I’ll pair it with a distressed raw-hem skinny jean, but on hot summer days, white cutoffs give this shirt a totally different vibe. I love how it can go from sophisticated and chic to fun and low key just by switching out the bottoms!
As for the rest of the look, I went with big sunnies, simple sandals, fun earrings, and a pop of leopard (duh). Holiday weekend, here I come!
Top: Nordstrom | Shorts: Topshop | Shoes: BP | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Clutch: Clare V | Earrings: J.Crew (similar) | Rings: Baublebar | Lips: NYX Lip Cream (‘Tokyo’) | Nails: NAILS INC. Unicorn Nail Polish Duo
I’m officially 26, y’all, and it’s time to celebrate! I’ve always loved having my birthday right before Cinco de Mayo, especially when they both fall close to the weekend like they do this year. It gives me the perfect excuse to extend the fiesta for as long as possible!
This year I combined the two for a fun and festive look that incorporates both “holidays,” (does my birthday count as a holiday?) featuring some of my favorite trends – pom poms, off the shoulder, and embroidery. These are great aspects of a birthday outfit AND a Cinco de Mayo outfit, so this just felt right, ya know?
This Asos dress just screams party time, so it was kind of a no-brainer. Since it does have just a *bit* going on, I tried to keep the rest of the look fairly simple. I topped it off with tortoise sunglasses, nude lace up heels (these BP ones have been on major repeat this spring!), and a nude crossbody featuring some fun embroidery.
Thanks for partying with TK&PD! ❤
Dress: Asos | Crossbody Bag: Francesca’s | Shoes: BP | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Pineapple Studs c/o Swell Caroline | Rings: Baublebar | Bangles: c/o Moon & Lola | Lips: NYX (‘Girl Crush’) | Nails: Essie (‘Topless and Barefoot’)
I know it seems like I’m always late to the party on these gift guides, but this week is when I do the majority of my Christmas shopping – and I know I’m not alone there. Major props to everyone who posted their roundups before Thanksgiving, but unfortunately my list wasn’t checked even once (let alone twice) by that point. So for all of you that have waited until the last minute yet again, I’m here to help with ideas under $100 that will arrive before Santa.
- Faux Fur Slippers ($35) – Faux fur anything always gets my stamp of approval, and these babies will keep you cozy all winter long.
- Velvet Crossbody ($16) – This was one of my Cyber Monday purchies, and I get tons of compliments every time I carry it. It looks so luxe, yet is cheaper than your average Postmates order.
- Mini Light Box ($30) – I can’t get enough of these ever since I saw Libby Living Colorfully‘s cheeky one here. Pick one up for the lady in your life who loves to express herself.
- Oribe Texturizing Spray ($22-44) – This stuff is worth its weight in gold, but unfortunately costs about the same too. I can rarely justify buying myself pricy beauty products, which automatically makes this dry shampoo alternative the perfect gift.
- Gold Bubble Earrings ($52) – BaubleBar makes the best dupe for the bubble earrings that you see on every blogger and her mama. But lucky for you, these won’t gobble up half your rent check.
- Marble Phone Case ($13) – You can never go wrong with marble. Order this for the girl that’s basic at heart (me).
- Striped Gloves ($20) – When in doubt, hop on over to Gap and pick up a few things to throw in a gift bag. Pair these with the fur slippers above for the coziest present possible!
- Prosecco Rose Candle ($18) – Another gift idea to file under “things people don’t want to buy for themselves but really want.” This Voluspa candle smells incredible and comes in the prettiest tin.
- Marquee Letter ($15) – Anything with initials or a monogram undoubtedly makes you look more thoughtful, even though it’s, like, the easiest thing ever. If your pal isn’t a monogram kind of gal, opt for B, A, and R to put over her bar cart. Chic!
- Ceramic Mug ($16) – This is basically the new “world’s best mom” mug, but way cuter.
- Wireless Headphones ($85) – Now that Apple has ruined lives everywhere by taking away our headphone jacks, it’s time to finally bite the bullet on some nice wireless headphones. These are noise canceling and I just love the vintagey feel.
- Herschel Supply Co. Travel Kit ($30) – If you notice the guy in your life throwing all his stuff in a plastic bag when he travels, it’s time to get him an upgrade. This comes in several different colors too!
- Death Star Popcorn Maker ($50) – If you’re dating a huge nerd like I am (hi, Will!), he’s most likely still talking about how cool the new Star Wars movie was. Be an enabler with this Rogue One-inspired popcorn maker.
- Topman Knit Hat ($20) – Beanies have a tendency to either make guys look like hipster douchebags or five year old children. Finally Topman comes to the rescue with this effortlessly cool cap.
- Cocktail Kit ($30) – For the man who loves to play bartender. Wrap up this wood + stainless steel cocktail kit with his favorite bourbon and you’ve got the easiest and coolest gift under the tree.
- Anthony Shave Cream ($19) – I’m a firm believer in buying dudes things to pamper themselves, since they never will for themselves. Even the burliest of boys deserve some fancy shave cream now and then.
- Philips Hue Light Bulbs ($30) – Since Amazon’s Alexa was such a huge gift last year (or if you know someone is getting it for your guy this year), these light bulbs are a great addition. Verbally dimming the lights will be his new favorite party trick.
- Flannel-Lined Slippers ($30) – Slippers will always make my roundup, lame or not. The slippers my sister and I got for our dad a couple years ago are still his favorites!
- Crosley Record Player ($80) – Record players are an annoying amount of money, which puts them at the top of the great gift idea list. Pick up a couple of his favorite albums on vinyl and you basically win Christmas.
All of the gifts above are currently in stock and able to be delivered or picked up by Christmas, so be sure to get a jump on your shopping ASAP to ensure delivery by the 24th. Maybe next year we won’t procrastinate, guys? Just kidding, see you here next time.
For more gift inspo, check out last year’s guide here. Happy shopping!
Photo: The Smiths Do Love
If there’s anything better than a classic leather jacket, it’s one that comes in one of my favorite colors: emerald. Loving this festive hue is pretty much in my DNA – not only because it relates to Christmas, but it’s also my birthstone hehe. Since leather jackets are a little badass by nature, I paired mine with a cozy sleeveless turtleneck. Is it just me, or has Target been seriously on their sweater game recently?! To top off the outfit, I went with all of my go-to accessories, my leopard clutch, neutral booties, Karen Walker sunnies, and some fun jewels. Hope y’all don’t mind that those are always on rotation, oops 🙂 This jacket was such a great purchase to wear with dresses and sweaters this fall, and is also proving to be the perfect piece to edge up my holiday looks. Can I get it in every color?
Jacket: Nordstrom | Sleeveless Sweater: Target | Jeans: J. Brand | Booties: Aldo (similar) | Clutch: Clare V | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Ditto (use code TOPKNOTS for your first month free!) | Necklace: Betsy Pittard | Ear Jackets: Forever 21 | Rings: H&M and Madewell | Lips: NYX Matte Lipstick (‘Eden’)
After seeing commercials for it all month, Mother’s Day is finally coming up THIS Sunday. As always, I have not gotten around to scooping up my mama’s gift but it’s not about when you get it, it’s what you get. Right? Take a look at my last minute gift guide for mom, all under $100!
- petit pehr Pompom Pillow ($45): This is technically for babies, but whatevs. How perfect will this look in mom’s favorite chair?
- Annie Grotophorst Pet Painting (varies): My talented friend, Annie, makes incredible custom illustrations of pets/houses/anything you want, and they make such a thoughtful gift for any holiday! Last year, the BF and I both got our moms custom illustrations of their fur babies (my mom’s, Jemima, is pictured above).
- Charleston Rice Bead Bracelets ($35): These are literally featured in every single gift guide I’ve ever had, but now that Candy Shop Vintage has come out with a rose quartz and mint color, I couldn’t help but feature them yet again.
- TONYMOLY Sheet Mask ($3 each): Pamper your favorite gal with a sheet mask or two. I love these fun ones from TONYMOLY!
- Old Navy Espadrille Sandals ($25): Because you can never go wrong with shoes. These also come in brown!
- World Market Measuring Spoons ($7): Y’all, how cute are these tropical fruit measuring spoons?! If your mama is a Beyoncé fan, grab her these lemon ones instead. #lemonade
- Threshold Marble Wall Clock ($15): As a blogger, I’m genetically programmed to be drawn to all things marble. Swing by Target for a chic and easy gift with this wall clock from Threshold!
- Merona Straw Tote Bag ($35): A great dupe for the Marysol ones we all know and love. Comes in three other colors!
- It’s All Easy by Gwyneth Paltrow ($20): Love her or hate her, Gwyneth’s cookbook is probably the bomb. Bonus: you can be mom’s taste tester.
What are you getting for your #1 lady this Sunday? Happy Mother’s Day, friends!
For the #SBScon farewell breakfast, I decided to pull out this little baby – also known as “The Dress.” This pretty Topshop frock had been hanging in my closet waiting for the right moment since May, and finally we both knew it was time. What could be a better moment than breakfast at the beautiful Charleston Grill?
I topped off this look with nude lace up heels (with tassels!) and my magenta GiGi clutch to pop against the royal blue in my dress. Next, I went with my precious new pair of M&L pineapple earrings from Swell Caroline that I’m pretty sure I’ve worn every day since they arrived. Sidenote: if you’re looking for upscale yet affordable accessories, y’all have to check them out. Their stuff is so fun, colorful and southern – so of course I had to rock some at #SBScon! For the rest of my jewelry, I put on a few delicate gold bangles, my everyday midi rings, and even a couple flash tats for added sassiness. Last but not least, bright pink lips and coral nails – because there’s no such thing as too much color in the summer (or ever?!).
Since I usually wear my hair down and wavy, I decided to switch it up with milkmaid braids for this look. They were perfect for a Sunday morning brunch and most importantly, kept my hair out of my face while I was eating. Crucial.
…Because you can’t not twirl in the middle of the street in this dress. That’s a wrap on my #SBScon outfits, y’all! Stay tuned for a full recap of this blogger babe weekend next week!
Cutout Dress: Topshop via Nordstrom (sold out, but similar here and here!) | Heels: Target | Clutch: GiGi New York (50% off!) | Sunnies: ASOS (similar) | Pineapple Studs c/o Swell Caroline | Bangles c/o Moon & Lola | Rings: H&M and Lilli & Tori | Lips: NYX (Shocking Pink) | Nails: Essie (Coral Reef) | Temporary Tats: Flash Tattoos
Yes, it’s only August, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been sneaking peeks at fall clothes occasionally (all the time). As many of you know, autumn is my absolute favorite season, and 82.4% of the reason for that is fall fashion. During this week’s peek at all the new arrivals for fall, this fun sweater from H&M caught my eye. It’s light enough to wear now, but will also be the perfect piece to transition into the cooler months. As if the black + white color combo wasn’t chic enough, this knit sweater also features a printed geometric diamond to give it a cool edge. Best part? It’s only $24.95. Click here to buy now!
Not only is this sweater versatile enough for any season, it can also be dressed up or down without an ounce of effort — just how I like it. The obvious way to wear this comfy pullover is dressed down — with jean shorts and chucks to a movie, or leggings and sandals on a grocery store run. But I don’t like obvious. Because of that sassy little (huge) diamond, this sweater can be dressed up no problem. Yes it’s a loose-fitting sweater, which doesn’t usually scream “night out,” but if you pair it with the right pieces, you’re golden.
To give you a little inspiration for your next GNO, I put together the look below. First and foremost, I paired the sweater with a faux leather mini to offset the oversized top and cancel out the potato sack effect. Loose-fitting sweaters + minis (skirts or shorts) = a killer outfit for fall, every time. Learn that algorithm and love it. ANYWAYS, to finish off the ensemble, I went with bright cobalt heels (I LOVE the look of black & white with a touch of cobalt), a sequin clutch, and some silver rings. Since the outfit is pretty edgy, I chose a pale pink nail polish to juxtapose the badass vibe with a little hint of sweet. Who ever thought a slouchy sweater could be so glam?
Sweater: H&M | Skirt: Nasty Gal | Heels: Charlotte Russe | Clutch: Nordstrom | Rings: Nasty Gal | Nail Lacquer: Essie (Lovie Dovie)
How would you wear this SOTW? Comment below!